Welcome to My Leader Kenya (MLK) WhatsApp discussion forums, the largest Network of Youth & Youth Advocates discussing matters that affect them in real-time.
MLK Vision: “My Leader Kenya is a Network of youth and youth advocates who have come together to create solutions to their evolving socio-economic and environmental challenges.
You want to be part of the change makers? Register to become a member of My Leader Kenya then proceed to join the group of your interest.
WhatsApp groups rules
- Free to any Kenyan who would like to be present. However, paid registered members to have their own WhatsApp group where they discuss things as bona fide members.
- You should not belong to more than 3 counties and not more than 2 thematic areas to give chance to others to also be part of us.
- Always keep to the purpose of the group! Don’t share irrelevant messages about other topics not relevant to that group.
- Do not spam the group! If you would like a group to key communication, always share with admin for approval.
- Don’t be offended if others leave. If possible always ask to be removed and share your reasons for leaving, maybe it’s not the right thing to leave. Do politely excuse yourself before you leave a group.
- The posts are not to be used to solicit money or raise funds for a course not approved by MLK.
- If someone asks a question and you don’t know the answer don’t respond with “I don’t know”. Just wait for someone who knows the answer to reply.
- No fear-mongering, no fake news, no adult content and pornography, no conning. Check your sources before you share.
- Never EVER use a group to berate someone else or air grievances. If you have an issue address it one on one with the relevant person.
- No one is allowed to create an MLK group anywhere or use MLK logo. All groups must start with the word MLK and have the MLK logo, always get approval before starting a group.
- Hit “Mute” on your Whatsapp group (unless you’re part of an emergency rescue group). This is a sanity saver. You will still receive all the messages, but your phone won’t buzz or make a noise for every one of them.
- If you are not sure, ask yourself these three questions before you post:
- Is this relevant?
- Is this necessary?
- Is this a good time to post?
PROGRAMS (Join 1- 2 groups only)
1. Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Infrastructure: https://chat.whatsapp.com/LoNzFmnmJKC846nKJvd312
2. Agriculture https://chat.whatsapp.com/D3SsDF7Z2zgCLHGldq7Jku
3. Gender & Equality https://chat.whatsapp.com/JpT1RS84QwV6Gawpx2tzWU
4. Education https://chat.whatsapp.com/EvOtPdNkmUQ9xEutuke9Nc
5. Climate Change & Environment https://chat.whatsapp.com/C3nFDcV0vwj3H8Q7Q7mDmT
6. Arts, Sports & Culture https://chat.whatsapp.com/EIWcisBZ5YhCUeAHNbx61h
7. Leadership & Governance https://chat.whatsapp.com/KHcJrLTPuFyBrBQHQXwqLR
8. Peace & Conflict Resolution https://chat.whatsapp.com/CvU3UMPwJRoJxZm3nfHTC1
9. Health https://chat.whatsapp.com/GfUKbNufhaVK0qtsly9oSP
COUNTIES (Strictly join up to 2 counties)
Kiambu: https://chat.whatsapp.com/IziQU1aqGbADN42IK2gsF7 (Name CC, DCC)
Tharaka Nithi: https://chat.whatsapp.com/JgRVB4i3dhiK8VDTcF9YmZ
Trans Nzoia https://chat.whatsapp.com/Go6GASeGZLyB0cMCMvmro7
Taita Taveta https://chat.whatsapp.com/FPWE6FqHRvaDTMpcrO33Lz
Tana River https://chat.whatsapp.com/KvmLa5SOafF6pKpTfh2P6u
Uasin Gishu https://chat.whatsapp.com/JNcgn2tUp2ECz49W9tn8zu
Elgeyo Marakwet https://chat.whatsapp.com/LPMkz4q34DNKl45RX9Smlj
West Pokot https://chat.whatsapp.com/FM1YWFS0PJw85RECJRuh5P
My Leader Kenya (MLK).
The hub of Transformation.
Gender matters in Kenya have been mentioned almost in every development policy coined in this country. Inclusive development requires that gender issues are not only laid down in writings, but that these issues are addressed conclusively.
There is quite a lot that needs to be done. The most unfortunate thing is that the government is aware of this; they even have all implementation plan set. However, nothing practical seems to be happening on the execution part.
Is Your business / company / self DigitallyFit?
Take an Online Presence Test here or Speak to an Expert on firstname.lastname@example.org | +254 745 564 273 | +254 729 990 583 – Digital is now easier & cheaper…
- Domain 2. Hosting 3. SSL 4. Logo/ Business Cards 5. Website 6. Mobile Responsiveness / Apps 7. Branded Emails 8. SEO 9. Social Media 10. Blog 11. Vlog 12. Livechat 13. Maintenance & Management 14. Local Listings/Directories 15. Databases 16. Bulk SMS 17. Paid Ads 18. Remarketing 19. Email Marketing 20. Data & Analytics.
On December 5, 2019, My leader Kenya (MLK) partnered with the Just A Pad initiative for their first Gender event in Kibera dubbed, ‘Pathways to a Better Tomorrow.’
Pathways to a Better Tomorrow was basically a career fair. This was aimed at equipping marginalized teenagers in Kibera Slums with skills and knowledge to make informed career choices.
It is easy to forget the young ones living in slums where career talks are concerned. This is because most of these talks happen in some big hotels where only people of that calibre get access. In collaboration with MLK, Just a Pad therefore decided to go find these young ones right where they are.
This initiative seems to be unique in that their approach to gender matters is two way. Although Just a Pad empowers girls and women in Street Families and in the slums on Menstrual Health and Hygiene, they have not forgotten the boy child.
They are not only running mentorship program for teenage girls, but are also trying to handle both girls and boys on relevant matters striking a balance on gender matters.
“We reached out to about 130 teenagers (both boys and girls) who are in upper primary and secondary schools across the country. We also had talks on Menstrual Health Management, facilitated by Straight Talk Kenya, which was also one of the partners in the event.” Said Winnie Kabintie – Founder, Just a Pad initiative.
During this event, Just a Pad was able to share sanitary kits with the girls.
“Just a Pad initiative has given me an opportunity to touch lives here at Kibera as we interracted with the teenagers on various matters regarding gender. We have had a successful career fair and we will not stop here. MLK will endeavour to support initiatives making an impact to transform Kenya by all means we can.” Said Alphonce Juma- CEO, My Leader Kenya.
Gender matters in Kenya can never be buried under the soil, it is a subject that cannot be overlooked. They are and will remain with us for as long as we are human. At My Leader Kenya, Gender Equality is one of key focus areas. The organization continues to collaborate with youth-led initiatives in this space, for instance, Just a Pad to make the world more gender inclusive.
My Leader Kenya seeks to create a network of Digital Villages / Resource Centers dubbed #MavijanaaHubs in each of the 47 counties for youth & women to promote inter-county and inter-region connectivity and trade.
This Award seeks to recognize, appreciate and reward players in the Youth Space and Change Makers.
This Youth event brings together youths across the 47 counties who come and showcase their hustles and businesses.
We tell the Untold Stories of change in the society. This means exposure to the public what people go through.
This Project is focused on sensitizing the public and families to stop Violence against Women.
Gender equality in the country can only be attained when both women and men share the same rights across the society.
The first global conference on the sustainable blue economy with focus of creating economic growth,ensuring healthy waters and building safe communities.
The publication is about billion tree planting campaign,it is intended to convey the range of partners moved to action from children to giants,from women to men and youths to make a better society.
If we want to improve the nature of environment,the way forward is to get everyone involved in tree planting and good maintenance.
In cultural studies and social anthropology,is an internalized inferiority complex that courses people in the country to dismiss their own culture.
This is an innovative way for social and economic empowerment of youth in the 47 Kenyan counties meant to awaken the forgotten giants in sports.
My Leader Kenya (MLK) Arts, Sports & Culture Department wishes to invite members & the public to their program “Forgotten Champions” Tournament.
The Forgotten Champions Tournament is both a leadership and sporting exchange programme for Youth. It aims at rekindling buried and abandoned talents in sporting activities.
It is also a community social effort for promoting the rights and well being of youth in the 47 counties as well as their untold stories.
This unique initiative gives a chance to those who were champions but now forgotten e.g. Primary, Secondary, University or College but it’s been long since you got to the pitch (unfit).
In this tournament we will have a each county have a team, forward to the Region then each region will join for the one day Soccer (Men/Women) league in Nairobi.
Why Forgotten Champions Tournament
- Lack of a Unified Youth Platform / Network to recognize the talents of youth in sports
- Youths in Rural Areas Lack Exposure
- Lack of mentorship opportunities for youth
- Lack of well coordinated Networking Opportunities
- Untold Stories of Youths & Women that excelled in sports but have been forgotten
- Lack of Coordination of County Efforts to fully serve youths through sports
- Lack of a platform for youths to discuss their problems
Contact: 0712534091 / email@example.com
- To awaken champions that had been long forgotten and empower
- To enhance youth empowerment and mentorship
- To build youth self-esteem, leadership, teamwork and life skills for the youth in the Kenyan 47 counties
- To cultivate talent in soccer among the youth
- To foster community engagement and build partnership with schools, community, business & private sector and individuals for youth empowerment
- To promote healthy bodies and bright minds together among youth which helps in rational decision making
We develop a structural industry and equilibrium mode/platform to show how competitive and determined Chief Executive Officers (CEO) are.
People often forget many important things. It’s no different in League or Legends. We’ll show you the top forgotten champions in the latest blog.
Family Restoration is programmed ministry to children and families affected by abuse or neglect as well as those who are giving of their families to foster or adoption.
Young people and youths organizations have not waited for us to become actors in international peace and security,Across the globe, there are extraordinary young people creatively seeking ways to prevent violence and consolidate peace.
Stepping into a boardroom can be a pretty intimidating experience, whether it’s your first time or not.
The introduction of information and communications technologies (ICT) into the Technology in electoral process is generating both interest and concern among voters and making work more easier and efficient.
Your support helps to hold our elected leaders accountable, protect our communities and our natural resources, and ensure that your voice is heard.
Business to access government services and Information as efficiently and as effectively as possible through, the use of internet and other channels are required.
This project is designed to provide a holistic approach to improved health and nutrition in the selected farming communities, in both the short and long term.
This initiatives being pursued have therefore boosted farmer’s morale to increase production and quality in order to be competitive in the market.
This program is meant to promote the use of Technology in Agriculture to improve on Agriculture.
This project aims at reach more people in the villages and rural areas where healthcare facilities are too less.
“Healthy living” to most people means both physical and mental health are in balance or functioning well together in a person.
This involves efforts to raise awareness and reduce the stigma of cancer.
We aim at creating a learning culture,promote personal and professional development and increase job satisfaction.
Higher education includes teaching, research, exacting applied work (e.g. in medical schools and dental schools), and social services activities of universities.
Secondary education is responsible for the development of the young individuals during their adolescence stage
Primary education, is typically the first stage of formal education, coming after preschool and before secondary school.
This program helps individuals/companies to have an active online activity where they can showcase what they do and even share ideas with other different people globally.
The is project is meant to catalyze the development of a regional trade and investment plan for the counties through identification of areas of synergy