My Leader Kenya (MLK) is a Non-Profit Organization that inspires individual change makers, youth- empowerment initiatives and women groups to share their positive stories of societal impact in various sectors in order to transform lives across Kenya. We strongly believe that every individual is a Leader in their own sphere of influence. We work with team members to bring about innovative Solutions to our Problems. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national heritage, or gender.
MLK is now recruiting a Programme Manager to join the leadership team of this fast-growing organization out to empower the youth from all our 47 counties and see Kenya transform wholesomely.
The Programme Manager is a key management leader at My Leader Kenya. He/She will be responsible for overseeing the operations of the organization in various regions. Other key duties include proposal writing, fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The person reports directly to the CEO.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead the execution of strategies developed in collaboration with senior leadership. This includes streamlining program operations to set them up for success at scale. The Programme Manager will directly lead the County Coordinators and will provide leadership and guidance to Program Coordinators.
- Analyze program activities and operations to identify improvement areas, developing a work-plan for change and coordinating thematic team leads in achieving these goals.
- Develop, track and engage program teams to ensure they meet their KPI’s to see MLK meet its commitment to youth empowerment and development for transformed nation.
- Coach and mentor the MLK members and coordinators to understand the organization’s mandate; help them grow through identification of technical and soft skill gaps. Coordinate and allocate resources (especially human) required to address these gaps and institute a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide significant contributions to strategic planning and associated business development activities, for instance writing proposals/ requests for grants, engaging donors and other partnerships as well as growing the existing coalition of partners.
- Act as the technical expert for MLK’s senior leadership; updating the CEO on the organization’s progress, supervising MLK county activities nationally, organizing and coordinating directorate, coordinators and membership meetings.
- Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate. He/ She will be responsible for effective administration of all MLK operations.
- Degree in related subject; economics, project planning & management, Business, political science or any other related field.
- Transparency and high leadership skills
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Experience in a management position managing various teams in small or mid-sized non-profit organizations that have had to address challenges of speedy growth.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Exceptional analytical skills backed up with excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Excellent people skills- a person with the ability to communicate to diverse audiences.
- Any amount of previous experience in such a position is an added advantage but not a must
If you meet the above qualifications and feel you can execute the listed roles and more, kindly send your CV and an application letter to email@example.com. on or before December 20, 2019. Quote the job title as the email subject.
Founder & CEO
My Leader Kenya